Exercise Band Scapular Rows
A postural reeducation and strengthening exercise that helps to engage the lower and mid traps to stabilize the scapula and promotes the proper neuromuscular firing pattern of the upper quarter.
This is an exercise that helps to strengthen you middle and lower trapezius muscles. When there is postural muscles imbalance in the neck and upper body, the upper trapezius muscles often take over for the middle and lower trapezius, and those muscles then become weak and inhibited, altering normal postural muscle firing patterns. This exercise helps to inhibit an overactive upper trapezius and wake up the lower and middle trapezius.
- Secure exercise band in door jamb.
- Grasp exercise band with each hand.
- Keep abs tight, bring elbows behind you, bringing shoulder blades down and together.
- Return in a slow and controlled manner.
- Don't hike shoulders.
- Do not straighten elbows.